Drilling Choke Controls
Absolute Control has developed a control system for managed pressure drilling applications which enables the customer to easily set pre-determined and customized parameters for their specific needs and requirements.
The MPD control system is an electrical choke control system designed to adjust an electric or hydraulic actuated choke to maintain specified choke inlet pressures based on a user input or specified data received from a well modeling software.
The system is a modular design comprised of electrical or hydraulic chokes, VFD enclosure, Coriolis meter and a control console with HMI touchscreen. The main screen will display choke position and pressure, multiple pump stroke counter and option to add additional well information parameters. The MPD control displays the option for set point pressure, automatic or manual control and local or remote input selection. The MPD control system allows the user to view and adjust trending and alarms thru the settings screen as well as tuning of the control loop parameters.
Choke & Valve Controls
- Choke Control manifold blocks with speed adjust and QD bleed‐offs
- Valve controls
- Capability to operate piston or worm gear chokes
- Up to 3000 PSI hydraulic operating pressure
Hydraulic Power Unit
- Dual or single air driven or electric hydraulic pumps (sized to meet specific choke requirements)
- Hand pump back up
- Available accumulators (choke specific, sized to meet API 16C specifications)
- Hydraulic distribution manifold block
- Trailer or skidded cabin
- Stainless steel panel face
- Standard and custom size trailers and cabins available
- Digital or Analog pressure gauges
- Pump stroke counters
- Digital or pneumatic position indicator gauges